Winter Snowboard Camps 2019
France & Japan
Our goal was to create a winter snowboarding camp that we’d be excited to attend ourselves and we think we’ve nailed it!
Snowboard camps are the perfect place to progress your skills while meeting and shredding with like minded riders for an unforgettable week on and off snow.
Our stress free, all inclusive experience combines Onyx’s world-class snowboard instruction with luxurious half board accommodation. We’ve also added return airport transfers to resort, lift passes, board demos, full activity schedule and heaps more for the best snowboard camp available.
Different ability groups
Winter snowboard camp 2018 & 2019 dates, prices & booking
18 - 28 Jan 2019
- Open to riders level 8+ only
- 9 days riding
- 9 days lift passes (Niseko, Moiwa, Rusutsu, Kiroro)
- 10 nights self catering chalet
- Airport transfers (New Chitose - chalet)
- Transport on all riding days
Full accommodation & transfer details in FAQ section below.
Winter Snowboard Camps FAQs
Our winter snowboard camps are perfect for riders at level 5 and higher on our scale.
For week long camps we run two different ability groups, each with it's own dedicated coach so we'll make sure you're in a group with people of a similar level.
Weekend camps in Europe and The Adventure Series Snowboard Camp in Japan are billed to specific ability levels, so please check individual listings before booking.
Our European winter snowboard camps are open to those aged 18+ and 95% of people joining us are aged between 20-55. The most senior person to join us to date was a spritely 67 years old, legend!
We work hard to make a week away with us a truly inclusive experience for all. The winter camps regularly see an average 40-65% female attendance, obviously no guys on the ladies only snowboard camps.
Absolutely! All rooms are twin or triple, single sex occupancy in an mixed gender accommodation, all in super comfy single beds and with ensuite facilities.
Lessons are delivered in English by our highly qualified (BASI L4 ISTD) team of British snowboard specific instructors, all on hand to help you love snowboarding as much as they do.
Full week long snowboard camps include 5 full days of coaching. You'll be split into two ability groups, allowing us to better target coaching to your level and turn the fun factor up to 11. It also means no one feels held back and no one feels left behind, for the ultimate supportive and progressive learning environment available. There will also be opportunities to ride as a full group in our afternoon mini master classes.
Weekend snowboard camps include fifteen hours of coaching (2.5 days). For this variety of camp, we'll run a single group of 6 at a specified ability level or focus for the weekend. This means minimal time off work and maximum progressive mountain time.
Adventure Series snowboard camps in Japan include 9 full days of riding 7 of Hokkaido's best resorts with the Onyx team. These include the 4 Niseko ski areas, Moiwa, Rusutsu and Kiroro.
Activities vary between locations and camps, but here's an example of what you can expect:
- Snowboard waxing & tuning master class
- Backcountry safety presentation & practical session
- Regular video feedback
- Snowboard specific stretching session
- End of camp awards party
- Team challenge evening
- On snow egg & spoon race (because we can)
- Parties in town*
- Few cheeky après drinks*
- Ice skating (Morzine)*
- Night sledging (Morzine)*
- Ice hockey match (Morzine)*
- Air boarding (La Plagne)*
- Laser quest (La Plagne)*
- Olympic bobsleigh run (La Plagne)*
* Some optional activities will incur and additional charge.
Return minibus transfers between Geneva international airport (GVA) and the camp accommodation are included, you will need to get yourself to GVA mind.
Different transfer arrangements are in place for each camp, so please read the details for your chosen week carefully.
No alternative options are offered and no refund/discount available for taking alternative means of reaching the camps or indeed missing your transfer.
La Plagne camps - full week
We operate a single transfer between GVA - chalet on arrival and departure days as follows:
- ARRIVAL - The bus will depart GVA at 15:00 on the first day of your camp, please book a flight which land before 14:00.
- DEPARTURE -The bus will depart the chalet at 08:30 on the final day of your camp, please book a flight taking off from 14:00 onwards.
Morzine & Avoriaz camps - full weeks and weekends
All transfers are arranged around your individual fights through a 3rd party provider. We will need your flight details no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival. For weekend camps, we recommend booking flights which arrive late afternoon on Thursday and depart early evening on Sunday.
Adventure Series Snowboard Camp Japan
Set transport is included in this camp. Please read the following carefully:
- ARRIVAL - We include a shared bus transfer from New Chitose Airport to Hirafu Welcome Centre on Friday 18th Jan 2019. Available departure times are: 13:00, 14:00 or 15:30 only. We recommend booking a flight that arrives no later that 14:00.
- DURING THE CAMP - The Chalets provide a scheduled mini bus service to/from Hirafu and all other transport to/from the specific resort being ridden that day is included.
- DEPARTURE - A single shared transfer bus will depart Hirafu Welcome Centre at 08:30 only on Monday 28th Jan 2019 and arrive at New Chitose Airport for 11:00. We recommend booking a flight departing from 13:00 onwards.
We’ve partnered with some of the best rider driven accommodation companies available, who share our goals of providing world class levels of delivery and customer service. Read on for more details specific to your camp…
Alpoholics Chalet ‘Orshanti’ - La Plagne 1800
Featuring outdoor hot tub, sauna, 10 seater cinema, comfy lounge area. Board tuning room and boot dryers mean you’re always ready for action! Just a couple of minutes walk to the slopes, shops, bars, restaurants and the local bus service. All rooms ensuite. All camps are half board. Click here for more info about Chalet Orshanti.
Hideout Hostel - Morzine & Avoriaz
We’ve been sharing crazy adventures with owner Kyle since way before Onyx was even born. The hostel is located right in centre of town just a stones throw from shops, restaurants and bars. All rooms are twin ensuite. Weekend camp are B&B, upgrade to half board available. Click here for more info about the Hideout Hostel.
The Works - ‘Chalet Symphony’ in Morzine - Avoriaz
Owner Gav actually came on an Onyx winter camp before setting up The Works, so has first hand knowledge of what makes a great week for you guys. Featuring truly massive twin/triple ensuite bedrooms, outdoor hot tub, sauna, huge open plan lounge/dinning area with bar and beautiful views over the valley. The Works also operate a mini bus service for any trips to/from the lifts during the day and town in the evening. All camps are half board. Click here for more info about Chalet Symphony.
Alpoholics Chalet ‘Bassey’ - La Plagne 1800
The latest addition to the Alpoholics line up, this gorgeous detached chalet features 6 ensuite rooms over 3 floors, with outdoor hot tub and sauna to ease away any mountain aches. Just 5 mins walk from the lifts and right next to the bus stop for La Plagne village. All camps are half board. Click here for more info about the Chalet Bassey.
MnK The Chalets at Country Resort - Niseko, Japan
High class, bright and spacious self-catering chalet located close to the Niseko resort of Hirafu. The chalet feature super comfortable lounge areas, twin bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and drying room. Click here for more info about The Chalets at Country Resort.
You need to arrange
- Travel to Geneva airport (GVA) - for all Morzine, Avoriaz and La Plagne camps
- Travel to New Chitose Airport (CTS) - for the Japan Adventure Series camp only
- Visa if applicable
- Equipment, either your own or rental if not included (check specific details for your camp)
- For the Adventure Series camp you also need to bring a shovel, transceiver and probe
Places for weekend camps can be reserved directly via our online booking system. Please make sure you meet the level criteria required then hit the ’Book Now’ button, full balance will be due at the time of booking.
Full week winter snowboard camps can be booked by hitting the ‘Book Now’ button, then enter your details and we’ll get in touch to secure your place. These camps require a 25%-50% non refundable deposit at the time of booking and final balance is due no later than 8 weeks prior to the camp start date.
Choose your camp from the section above and click 'Book Now'.
- Errrm, be rad to each other?
- Seriously though, please read full terms and conditions before booking. If you have any questions or want to talk to a human being then please drop us an email or call, we’ll be more than happy to help you with any additional information or even just a chin wag.