Winter snowboard camps 2021
Morzine, Avoriaz & Les Gets and La Plagne
Our goal was to create a winter snowboarding camp that we’d be excited to attend ourselves and we think we’ve nailed it!
Onyx snowboard camps throughout Europe are the perfect place to progress your freestyle and all mountain skills, plus with a ready made crew of like minded riders you’re in for an unforgettable week.
Our stress free experience combines Onyx’s world-class snowboard instruction with luxurious half board accommodation. We’ve also added return airport transfers to resort, board demos, full activity schedule and heaps more for the best snowboard camp available.
Check out our range of dates, locations and camp types below.
Winter Snowboard Camp FAQs
Our winter snowboard camps are perfect for riders at level 5 and higher on our scale.
For week long camps we run two different ability groups, each with it’s own dedicated coach so we’ll make sure you’re in a group with people of a similar level.
Weekend camps in Europe and The Adventure Series Snowboard Camp in Japan are billed to specific ability levels, so please check individual listings before booking.
Our European winter snowboard camps are open to those aged 18+ and 95% of people joining us are aged between 20-55. The most senior person to join us to date was a spritely 67 years old, legend!
We work hard to make a week away with us a truly inclusive experience for all. The winter camps regularly see an average 40-65% female attendance, obviously no guys on the ladies only snowboard camps.
Absolutely! All rooms are twin or triple, single sex occupancy in an mixed gender accommodation, all in super comfy single beds and with ensuite facilities.
Lessons are delivered in English by our highly qualified (BASI L4 ISTD) team of British snowboard specific instructors, all on hand to help you love snowboarding as much as they do.
Our week long snowboard camps include 5 full days of coaching. Focusing on everything from technical skills and riding more terrain with confidence, all the way through to flatland skills around the mountain (ollies, presses, tripods, jib combos etc), freestyle in the park (jumps, half pipe, rails and boxes) off piste and much, much more!
You’ll be split into two ability groups, allowing us to better target coaching to your level and turn the fun factor up to 11. It also means no one feels held back and no one feels left behind, for the ultimate supportive and progressive learning environment available. There will also be opportunities to ride as a full group in our afternoon mini master classes.
Activities vary between locations and camps, but here’s an example of what you can expect:
- Snowboard waxing & tuning master class
- Backcountry safety presentation & practical session
- Regular video feedback
- Snowboard specific stretching session
- End of camp awards party
- Team challenge evening
- On snow egg & spoon race (because we can)
- Parties in town*
- Few cheeky après drinks*
- Ice skating (Morzine)*
- Night sledging (Morzine)*
- Ice hockey match (Morzine)*
- Air boarding (La Plagne)*
- Laser quest (La Plagne)*
- Olympic bobsleigh run (La Plagne)*
* Some optional activities will incur and additional charge.
Return minibus transfers between Geneva international airport (GVA) and the camp accommodation are included, you will need to get yourself to GVA mind.
Different transfer arrangements are in place for each camp, so please read the details for your chosen week carefully.
La Plagne camps – full week
The Alpoholics team operate a single transfer between GVA – chalet on arrival and departure days as follows:
- ARRIVAL – The bus will depart GVA at 15:30 on the first day of your camp, please book a flight which lands before 14:30.
- DEPARTURE -The bus will depart the chalet at 08:30 on the final day of your camp, please book a flight taking off from 14:00 onwards.
For La Plagne no alternative options are offered and no refund/discount available for taking alternative means of reaching the camps or indeed missing your transfer.
Snowboard camps in Morzine & Avoriaz
The awesome crew at Jack & Jill operate a single transfer between GVA – chalet on arrival days as follows:
- ARRIVAL – The bus will depart GVA at 17:30 prompt on the first day of your camp, please book a flight which land before 16:30.
- DEPARTURE -The bus will drop you off at GVA for 09:00, please book a flight taking off from 11:00 onwards.
Should you wish to travel at alternative times on these days, then it may be possible to book you a place on a shared minibus transfer with a 3rd party for a +£20pp supplement. You must inform us at the time of booking so this can be arranged.
We’ve partnered with some of the best rider driven accommodation companies available, who share our goals of providing world class levels of delivery and customer service. Read on for more details specific to your camp…
Alpoholics Chalet ‘Bassey’ – La Plagne 1800
Onyx have been running snowboard camp with Alpoholics in La Plagne since 2015 and over that time have really refined the formula to deliver an amazing experience throughout the week. The latest addition to the Alpoholics line up, this gorgeous detached chalet features 6 ensuite rooms over 3 floors, with outdoor hot tub and sauna to ease away any mountain aches. Just 5 mins walk from the lifts and right next to the bus stop for La Plagne village. All camps are half board. Click here for more info about the Chalet Bassey.
Jack & Jill ‘Himalaya Lodge’ – Morzine Avoriaz
Owners Jamie and Mary have been friends of the Onyx team since we first started up and we’re super stoked to finally be running our Morzine-Avoriaz snowboard camps with them. Himalaya lodge is their largest catered chalet, located just a short walk from shops and bars plus they also offer a shuttle service to/from the slopes. This warm and welcoming chalet offers an open fire, outdoor hot tub with spectacular views over town, separate dining room, all ensuite rooms with hair dryers. All camps are half board. Click here for more info about Himalaya Lodge.
You need to arrange
- Travel to Geneva airport (GVA) – for all Morzine, Avoriaz and La Plagne camps
- 6 day lift pass, we can advise on specifics after booking
- Insurance – must explicitly cover you for ‘freestyle in a terrain park’ and ‘off piste sonwboarding with a guide’
- Visa if applicable
- Equipment, either your own or rental if not included (check specific details for your camp)
Places for weekend camps can be reserved directly via our online booking system. Please make sure you meet the level criteria required then hit the ’Book Now’ button, full balance will be due at the time of booking.
Full week winter snowboard camps can be booked by hitting the ‘Book Now’ button, then enter your details and we’ll get in touch to secure your place. These camps require a 25%-50% non refundable deposit at the time of booking and final balance is due no later than 8 weeks prior to the camp start date.
Choose your camp from the section above and click ‘Book Now’.
- Errrm, be rad to each other?
- Seriously though, please read full terms and conditions before booking. If you have any questions or want to talk to a human being then please drop us an email or call, we’ll be more than happy to help you with any additional information or even just a chin wag.